Discover Life BC centric Bee key links plus bonus Male Bombus Web Archive link

Currently Discoverlife, in attempt to block robots, is asking for individual IP addresses to provide access to their site :(

Just a little BC centric helper page for keying on Discover Life for PNW Bees. and at the end of the page is a link to the Web Archive pages of the now defunct Bombus Male ID pages that were at nhm.ac.uk. 

I find the site sometimes a little of a bear to wrestle when I'm trying to find keys - sometimes the more specific ones are hidden under layers. For the Keys chosen that say female, just change the URL to male as in https://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?guide=Andrena_female  change to https://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?guide=Andrena_male - pretty straight forward. 

Some of these keys are incomplete so know there are limitations. Be grateful if it keys out and not surprised if it doesn't but I usually take a few runs at it anyways as my morphological acumen is not always spot on. When I am selecting place (see note for Megachile below), if I am identifying something from south of 48, I will add Washington and/or Idaho and/or Montana depending on where I was north of. If I'm east of the Rockies up in Peace River or Northern Rockies I might add Alberta to the mix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catch a Buzz Links

Filling Field